Saturday, January 19, 2013

I wish I didn't have to work

Have you ever had a day at work that was just AWFUL! Well, that was my night last night. I was so exhausted (mentally and physically) when I left work. I had to pick my daughter up from my mom's on my way home and the drive home was seriously a blur. I don't envy those that work M-F 9-5 jobs but sometimes my 12.5 hour night turn shift makes me want to switch careers. Working in healthcare definitely has its ups and downs. It is emotionally draining at times, and right now people are SICK! Someone brought in donuts this morning and I totally cheated. I didn't get a lunch break (even though I packed a super healthy lunch) and I was hungry!!

Here is my healthy meal from yesterday:

Homemade Chicken Tortillas
I had some whole wheat tortillas that were about to expire so I bought skinless/boneless chicken and created my own tortillas. My STB Hubby (soon to be) opened my eyes to several healthy foods including avocados, and we can whip up a killer guacamole! Just talking about it makes my mouth water. It is absolutely delicious. I also added a small tablespoon of mild cheddar cheese and a teaspoon of lite sour cream. On the side hidden under the tortilla is our own little concoction of whole grain rice and black beans. I was full eating half of this!


Next is this Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie. On "THE CHEW" they made a gelatto and I tweaked it to make a smoothie. I froze 2 whole bananas, and blended it with a scoop of peanut butter, a 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk and a dash of vanilla extract. This was my "dinner" on my way to working night turn since I knew I was going to eat I thought I was going to get a lunch break at work.

Now that I actually semi-like how my blog looks I will start following some peeps and hopefully get a few followers. 


Photobucket

No comments: