Sunday, January 27, 2013

Me in a nutshell

Hi :) Thanks for checking out my Blog "The {Not So Secret} Lemne Life"
I'm Stephanie

 
 
I'm a twenty something year old
 
born in the good old 80's.
 
Ace of Base "The Sign" was my first favorite song
 
 
I have struggled with my weight my entire life.
I remember when I 'thought' I was fat, but I would die for the body now.
 
 
My family means a lot to me - without them I wouldn't be where I am today
 
 
I lost a cousin to Breast Cancer - she was only in her early 30's
I am a huge supporter of the Susan G. Komen RACE FOR THE CURE for Breast Cancer Research
 
 
I love kids (even more now that I have my own)
 
 
I enrolled in Nursing School right out of High School but had a little too much fun partying instead
I decided to hold off and work as a Nurses Aide first
 
 
I have had my fair share of wild and crazy days 
 
Bahamas
I went down to the club in our hotel in the Bahamas in my leopard nightgown.
I don't got no shame in my game
 
Wax Museum - Las Vegas, Nevada
 
 
I am outspoken but truthful and I don't have a problem telling anyone how I feel
 
I love the beach!
 
Outer Banks, North Carolina
 
 
I met the love of my life, my best friend, my soulmate where I worked
 
First date - ice skating
We are both huge Pittsburgh Steelers fans
 
 
 
I re-started Nursing School and graduated in December 2010.
 
 
I LOVE being a Nurse.
 
 
 
 
I have no problem telling a Doctor I think they are wrong, or advocating for the patient.
Luckily, where I work the nurses have a great relationship with the doctors.
 
Being a Nurse made me realize how precious life is.
I do not take any days for granted, and I speak openly about death
We all are going to end up dead at some point - to me, it's important to know what your loved ones would or would not want during the last moments of life.
 
I see people at one of the worst points of their life.
If I ever stop being emotional at work, I know I need a new profession.
 
I'm an Organ Donor! Are you?
 
My life took a turn when I got pregnant in 2011
Read all about my pregnancy HERE!
 
 
I loved every minute of it.
 
Here is one of my cupcake cakes from my Baby Shower
 
It says "Ten toes up, ten toes down, that's what you get for fooling around"
 
Everyone liked the quote on the cake - it was funny because I had my daughter out of wedlock and by surprise shit happens!!
 
 
My Daughter is my everything.
 

Some pics of my daughter:


13 days old



3 months old




3 months old

God Bless our Troops

 
13 days old


 
1st Celebrity - Jerome Bettis - Retired Pittsburgh Steeler

 
 
1st Halloween Minnie Mouse
 
 
First Birthday
 
 
Well, that's ME in a nutshell

Thanks for stopping by
XOXO
.

Photobucket
 
 
 
 
 photo FOLLOW_zps9997721f.jpg

7 comments:

LB @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels said...

Love the baby photos and you're tripping me out in that nightgown. Lol, sometimes those are the best nights. : )

Amanda said...

Love all the pics! And Bettis-that is awesome! I'm so glad I found your blog!

Lindsey said...

Stephanie, I love your blog! I am going to give you a shout-out on my blog tomorrow! Love meeting other nurse mommy's. And yes, I am def an organ donor! =)

Katie J said...

First, ace of base oh my does that bring back some great memories! Second your daughter is gorgeous and that is so cool that Betis is holding her! This is a great post!

Karen said...

New follower :). You have a beautiful family.

Tasha Reeves said...

Just found your blog & I'm going to love stalking, I mean following you! 80s babies rock (I'm one too!)!!!!! Your daughter is a cutie!

Kyra said...

Um, ok!
We go to the Outer Banks every summer.
I am a huge Steelers fan as well. I'm super jelly your daughter got to be held by Jerome Bettis....I need to hear more about that!! :)
And you're too cute!! Let's be friends!!

Ittakesninemonths.blogspot.com