Friday, February 1, 2013

Scary start to my day

After a crummy week, I went to bed last night knowing that today was going to be a new day, and a fresh start - even if it's a Friday!!
 
I woke up around 7:45AM - unusual because I am typically up around 6:30/7:00 with my daughter on my days off. I checked to make sure the monitor was on, which it was, and couldn't believe that she was letting me sleep in I used to think sleeping in was til noon!! I rolled over, and fell back asleep knowing I would be up in another 15 minutes or so with her talking from her crib.
 
I wake back up, look at the clock and it's now 9:30. I start freaking out! There is no way she can still be sleeping, I even put her to bed extra early last night (around 7:30) and her usual bedtime is between 8:30PM & 9:00PM. We always stuck with a later bedtime because when I work 12 hour shifts I get really sad if I don't see her when I get home from work.
 
I woke up my STB (soon to be) Hubby and said I can not go into her room to check on her by myself. He laughed at me, told me "she's fine" and rolled over and went back to sleep. He works this awful 5:00PM -3:00AM shift so I know he was still really tired and didn't want to listen to my ridiculousness.
 
I sat there on the edge of my bed panicking. I thought all sorts of scary things, did she stop breathing in her sleep, did someone break through the window and steal her, did she suffocate on her favorite stuffed animal that I let her sleep with?? The thought of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) scares the shit of of me - even before I had kids. I actually starting crying because I was so scared to check on her.
 
It took everything out of me to go check on her. I slowly opened her bedroom door and peeked in. I saw her laying on her belly with her bum up in the air - her usual sleeping position. I still wasn't convinced she was OK so I walked over to her crib to get a closer look. My daughter who is a ridiculously light sleeper didn't even budge while I made the hardwood floor creek walking on it. I got really close, saw she was breathing, saw her little back was rising, her lips were moving and she was OK!! I was beyond relieved. I get myself so psyched up and apparently she was just tired.
 
She ended up waking up around 10:15AM and I couldn't stop hugging and kissing her!

I hope I'm not the only crazy mom who gets freaked out by things like that!


Gianna and that darn thumb!!!

 
After a crazy start to my morning, I ended up having a positive attitude to start my day. Starting with breakfast:
 
My *go to* breakfast ingredient. I measured out 4 egg whites


 


1/4 cup cheese = 110 calories
"someone" ate the rest of the turkey sausage so I cut 2 slices of turkey

I seasoned with a little salt and pepper and the end result was delicious!

A trick I learned was to start eating off of smaller plates - the plate above was a side dish. It felt like I was "eating more" because the plate was full.
 
Follow me on My Fitness Pal - LemneLife  

I have a date with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred during Gianna's naptime.. eek!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Katie J said...

Wow I bet that was terrifying! I'm not a mom yet, but I would have probably let my mind run panicking too. I'm flag she is ok!

Lex LB said...

Wow I'm glad she was okay!! That would have been VERY scary!!

Lindsey said...

Oh girl! My last baby did that to me. He has been my child that doesn't sleep. One night he decided to and I guess I was so exhausted that I passed smooth out! Woke up at 10 and sat straight up and made hubby go check on him. I could not go in there and find what I thought I might find. He was snoozing! He hasn't done it since! LOL! Happy Sunday, friend! These folks just don't know our week is about to get started!

Amanda said...

I freak out like that ALL the time. Caleb doesn't usually sleep through the night, so when he does I panick!
Have fun with Jilian!

Kates @ You Betcha Baby said...

I have done the exact same thing and I also ALWAY make Mr. You Betcha go check!

Tasha Reeves said...

You are NOT the only one to freak out about your little one...PROMISE! I'm on MFP too! I'm having trouble finding you just by your user name though. It keeps asking me for an email address of FB link or phone contact.....maybe this flu has really started going to my head. Anywho! My user name is TashaReevesMK & my email is TashaReevesMK@yahoo.com

Kate said...

Freaky! She must be going through a growth spurt or something, huh?

Nancy Clue said...

Homegirl must be growing if she slept so much! But I have been there - the racing thoughts, the panic, the tiptoeing through the room to check for respirations! Scary!! Glad your little one was okay! Have a great weekend girl!

Becca said...

I'm on my fourth babe and I still freak out when he sleeps longer then normal. I get all psyched up just like you did, it is horrible but I know the one time I don't get scared then maybe something might have actually happened, I know, I'm ridiculous. Have a good weekend.

Lora said...

holy crap, I would have freaked out too!!! :)